As Trailer Park Proyects grows, there are more responsabilities and less time to fulfill them. I understand the concept of delegating yet it is not my biggest strength in doing so, partly because I can't afford an employee and because I am paranoid that if I don't do it, it will not get done.
I had never had the idea or visualized being a mentor but I guess time and experience helps get the right person on your door. In comes Tatiana Tamargo a recent NYU graduate who is interested in being part of the local art scene and didn't knew how to approach it or even begin to look. Art scenes are usually underground and very small so she volunteered for martes de galeria and I saw her interest and disposition to learning and becoming involved in this crazy world. I believe in her so I decided to let go a little of the control of the gallery and developed a concept within my Gallery where she could work and become her own project. Titled Espacio Dedicado. The first exhibition under Espacio Dedicado curated by Tatiana is Como construir una Isla of the most underrated artists in Puerto Rico Fabian Detres.
Detres graduated from the Escuela de Artes Plasticas in San Juan and I have been following and collecting his work for over a decade. He is one of the few 5 tool artist I really admire and love the work. He can paint, draw, photograph, install, sculpt and pretty much do everything at the highest level. I'm very happy to finally have had the chance and honor to exhibit Fabian's work in this one day pop-up show at Trailer Park Proyects in front of Constructo on August 4th, 2026.
Curator Tatiana Tamargo selected a group of small painting and drawings according to the guidelines of TPP where exhibitions are designed to show pieces of $500 or under so it can be affordable for everyone and not just a few.
Here are a few photos of the opening where over 500 people came to see which is absolutely insane to be honest.
No comments:
Post a Comment